All counselor and teaching assistant positions have been filled for the 2019 Summer STEAM Experience Camp!
Thank you for your interest and be sure to check back for the 2020 Summer STEAM Experience Camp!
If you're an ambitious, fun, caring, motivated person who loves working with teenagers, join us for a week at UW-Stout as a counselor for the Summer STEAM Experience.
Summer STEAM Experience is a collaboration of Art & Design Camp and STEM Camp featured in one week, June 16-20, 2019. Students entering grades 8 to 12 are invited to explore career paths with UW-Stout faculty experts while engaging in science, technology, engineering, art and math in a hands-on setting. Camp activities and career panels will provide well-rounded experiences to highlight the possibilities of creative and critical thinking.
Counselors will be responsible for:
- Supervising campers during the entirety of the camp.
- Working closely with your team of 10-12 campers.
- Serving as a role model, a mentor, and a leader.
- Serving as the health supervisor to your campers. (Training will be provided.)
- Overseeing the safety of the group.
- Ensuring campers are at their scheduled activity on time.
- Assisting with planning and implementing designated camp activities as a team.
- Attending camp counselor training.
- Providing support as a mentor to encourage campers to engage in all activities.
We are looking for people (18+) with a wide range of skills who can work collaboratively and form connections. Summer STEAM Experience will run June 16-20 and we will provide housing and food on the UW-Stout campus. Pay is $600 with room and board at UW-Stout.