Department of Defense Cyber Scholarship Program
- Do you want to pursue a challenging profession in Cybersecurity and Information Assurance?
- Do you want to work for the Department of Defense and help defend our nation's cyber space?
- Do you want to have your education paid for?
The University of Wisconsin Stout, a recently designated National Center of Academic Excellence in Cyber Defense, is now participating in the Department of Defense Cyber Scholarship Program.
In 2018-19 our first student received the full tuition and $25,000 stipend scholarship. Two new students were awarded the scholarship in 2019-20, and the previous student was renewed for a third year.
- An undergraduate student will be paid a stipend of $25,000 per academic year (BS degree) and a graduate student will be paid a stipend of $30,000 per academic year (MS/Ph.D. degree).
- The scholarship will pay for full cost of tuition, required fees, books, and a stipend to cover room and board.
- The DoD will also provide sponsors who will maintain contact with the student during the scholarship period, and who will facilitate the student's entry into internships and eventual DoD employment.