The Human Resource Management Certificate Program provides a broad base of knowledge to professionals seeking to expand their management competencies. The coursework is essential to prepare for the Professional in Human Resources® (PHR®) exam, developed by HR Certification Institute® (HRCI®) and recognized nationally as a significant credential for professional advancement in human resources.
Human Resource Management Course Matrix
Competencies required by human resources professionals are best defined by the PHR exam content outline, and they are the same competencies cover in the coursework required for the certificate.
"I have a Bachelors degree and have taken numerous workshops related to Human Resources, but I wanted to return to school to solidify that base of knowledge necessary to really be educated in the fundamentals and laws of HR. Because of where I live and my work schedule, it just was not feasible for me to physically attend a university. I discovered the UW-Stout Human Resource Management Certificate program while looking for educational opportunities. After researching the program, I decided it looked like a good fit for me. The two things that I was most nervous about was working online and not having a connection with professors and classmates. Learning to use the online system has gone much smoother than I anticipated and the professors have been very attentive to any e-mails or questions I may have. In addition, the discussion forums really allow for an opportunity to ‘talk’ to my classmates and get feedback. I am already using concepts I’ve learned in my workplace. I am so glad I decided to take this step and further my education. This was definitely the right choice for me."
City of Antigo, Wisconsin
Admission Requirements and Application Materials
To apply to the certificate program, please complete the online application form.
Tuition & Fees
Customized Instruction at UW Stout can be described as programs that are designed with the adult learner in mind. If you're comparing UW-Stout's customized instruction tuition to our competitors, keep in mind:
- Customized instruction tuition rate includes the textbook rental fee.
- There are no additional university-based semester or technology fees.
- Students in customized instruction programs pay the same rate of tuition regardless if Wisconsin residents, out-of-state or international participants.
Value for Your Money
There’s more to value than just tuition. UW Stout also provides:
- Program Director – faculty with discipline expertise.
- Student Services adviser – one point of contact, providing support to students for each program.
- Course sequences and matrices – know what courses are offered when so you can plan ahead.
- Courses and programs may be stackable for use in another program.
- Courses are flexible and convenient for working professionals.
Other universities will present costs and value differently - make sure you're comparing apples to apples.