The Study Abroad Team is available during regular business hours; however, in response to COVID-19, we are serving students, faculty, and staff remotely. Appointments with Study Abroad staff can be made here. You may also contact our office by phone at 715-232-2132 and via email at email@example.com, or reach out to individual staff members directly via email. Important updates regarding the impact of COVID-19 on UW-Stout international programs can be found here.
Start Your Journey!
Hundreds of UW-Stout students take their education abroad every year. The Study Abroad Team is here to help you explore the many options available:
- Exchange – Pay UW-Stout tuition to attend a partner university abroad (Semester or Academic Year)
- National Student Exchange – Study in the U.S., its territories, or Canada and pay UW-Stout tuition (Semester or Academic Year)
- Direct Enroll – Pay a university abroad or a study abroad provider directly (Semester, Academic Year, WinTerm, or Summer)
- Faculty-led – Study on a short-term domestic or international program with a UW-Stout professor (WinTerm, Spring, or Summer)
- Internship or Co-op – Gain valuable international work experience (Semester, Academic Year, or Summer)
A Study Abroad Advisor can help find the best option for you, considering your interest, major, budget, timeline, and comfort level, and provide support during the application, pre-departure, and return process.
A higher GPA, a better graduation rate, and a larger income are all associated with study abroad. You can gain these very real benefits while also meeting a variety of people, establishing a global network for future jobs or internships, taking classes that will apply to your UW-Stout degree, perhaps learning a new language, and building a resume that will set you apart from 90% of other college students -- that's right, just 10% of university students study abroad, so why not distinguish yourself by studying abroad as part of your education at UW-Stout?
“The experience has made me more confident personally and professionally.”
- Study abroad alumnus, University of Westminster - United Kingdom