Transfer Application Deadlines
There is no hard-set application deadline for transfer students. Applications will be accepted through December for our spring semester, or early August for our fall semester. We do encourage you to submit your application by the following recommended deadlines so that everything else can happen in a timely manner.
|Entry Term||Priority Deadline||Final Deadline|
|Spring||November 1||Late December|
|Fall||March 1||Early August|
If you're interested in applying for Stout Foundation Scholarships, please apply for admission by January. You don’t have to be accepted by that time, but you do need a student ID number in order to apply for scholarships which is assigned after submitting your application for admission. The Stout Foundation Scholarship deadline is the first Monday in February.
33% of Stout students successfully transfer from other schools.
Transfer Application Process
UW-Stout is focused on student success and excited to share our unique learning experience with prospective students. We are please to announce that we have decided to waive our application fee! To apply to UW-Stout as a transfer student, please complete the UW System Application.
Additional Transfer Application Requirements
- Your official high school transcripts (including graduation date) or GED/HSED score report
- Official transcripts from all institutions attended (must be sent to UW-Stout directly from the institution)
Once we have received all of these documents, our Admissions staff will begin the review process. If you have questions along the way, call or email us any time.
212 Sorensen Hall
121 10th Ave E
Menomonie, WI 54751
Must be submitted directly to UW-Stout Undergraduate Admissions from the institution.
We cannot accept faxed or emailed transcripts.
If prompted for an email where to send the transcript:
Note: If you're a military member, submit official Joint Services Transcript or official transcript from the Community College of the Air Force.
Transfer Admission Guidelines
We conduct a comprehensive review and no single factor will eliminate or guarantee admission. You are likely to be admitted as a transfer student if you have earned a 2.0 GPA or higher (Education major applicants must have a 2.75 GPA or higher) from your most recent institution.
Grade trends by semester are taken into consideration as part of this review. If there are extenuating circumstances for any grades, please be sure to note this in your applicant statement.
Please note the following guidelines:
- At the last institution you attended, if your last semester GPA was below 2.0, you may be admitted on probation if your cumulative GPA is 2.0 or higher.
- At the last institution you attended, if you were academically dismissed or suspended, even if your cumulative GPA is above 2.0, by UW System policy we honor that institution's dismissal/suspension. Admission may be considered if you choose to appeal. Time that has lapsed since your last attendance will also be taken into consideration.
- At the last institution you attended, if you completed less than 12 academic level (non-remedial) credits, your other previous institutions attended and/or high school record may be considered.
- At the last institution you attended, if your last semester GPA is below 1.0 (again, time lapsed may be taken into consideration), you would not be eligible for admission following UW-Stout's undergraduate probation/dismissal policy.
Specific Undergraduate Program Transfer Requirements
Some of our programs are particularly competitive and require that applicants submit other materials in addition to the standard application.
Transfer Admission Decisions
Once we've reviewed your complete application and based on the above criteria, we make one of three admission decisions:
- Admit » Congratulations, you’re in!
- Deny » Students who are not competitive for admission to UW-Stout.
- Postpone » Some applicants are neither admitted nor denied upon initial review. These students are postponed. Postponed applicants have strong qualifications and the potential for success at UW-Stout. However we would like to review grades from the current semester of the college you are attending, or receive recommendation letters before making an admission decision.